Saturday 30 October 2010

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS - research

This is my chosen article. I picked this one because i've always been interested in graffiti and street art and how you can apply design and/or a message in an urban area.

THE GRAFFITI BUSTER: OUTRAGED MUM BUYS COUNCIL A POWER SPRAYER

Story Image

The graffiti buster: Mother-of-four Jean tries out the power spray gun
Saturday October 23,2010

By Daily Express Reporter

MOTHER-of-four Jean Chapman was outraged when vandals sprayed red paint over 40 buildings, lamp posts and benches in her local market town.
She decided to do something about it by donating £8,500 to buy a special cleaner so that council workmen could remove the graffiti. 
The diesel-powered machine can blast out heated water at 200 times the pressure of a normal hose.
Businesswoman Mrs Chapman, 47, who owns a recruitment company in Sudbury, Suffolk, said: “I was driving to work when I saw all this red graffiti everywhere.
“Sudbury is a nice town and I want it kept that way. I moved my family to the area to get away from this sort of behaviour in Essex. It makes sense for the council to have its own machine to avoid having to pay contractors.”
Town clerk Sue Brotherwood said: “It is extremely public spirited of Mrs Chapman. We would not have been able to afford the kit without her help.”

No comments:

Post a Comment