Wednesday 20 April 2011

What is a line? - Off Gravity.


I found this set of images in a magazine called Rugged (issue 17 winter 08/09) it was lying around my room for a couple of years so i picked it up and flicked through and came across this.

the campaign is called 'Off Gravity' and its an advert for Carhartt when they had a new selection of heavyweight gear.

I instantly likened the 3D shapes to the works of Delta, Allard, etc and i noticed how the shapes all appear separate, there is no connection between to shapes these are focussed on the position alone. The white background gives no boundary so the shapes become to focal point of the image. I assume this has been done to imply that the shapes are suspended in 0 gravity or are falling slow towards and undeterminable ground surface.

I like the visual of the shapes in suspense i will experiment with adding these ideas to my own drawings of shape and form and see what affect it has on my compositions.





No comments:

Post a Comment